Well it’s that time of year where we all look forward to celebrate Christmas and to spend time with our family and friends.
It is also that time of year whereby we often make promises to ourselves in the form of New Year Resolutions. Apparently, 95% are broken by January 15 according to motivational guru Anthony Robins!
For those of you who are brave enough to set goals, you can review the article How To Set And Achieve Goals For Your Money – Three Step Guide. By following the three steps you will be in a much stronger position to understand and prioritise goals that are important to you and stay on track for achieving them. Of course getting started is the difficult part and this is where advice from Nike comes in handy – Just Do It!
For the 12 days of Christmas we have collected 12 Christmas Quotes – The Financial Variety. No surprises that Scrooge has a couple of quotes worthy of inclusion. Our favourite is quote 12 from Winston Churchill – “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give”
From UK’s Daily Mirror – 8 out of 10 people will pay for Christmas without going into debt. However, 89% of people felt they were under pressure to spend too much over the festive season.
Interesting articles and websites to visit over the holidays
- The economics of Christmas lights – Seth Godin’s Blog – Seth is no ordinary person, he has a twist on everything including Christmas lights
- Change for a Dollar – From The Simple Dollar blog. This includes a You Tube clip of the same title which has recived well over a million hits
- 10 Most Popular Articles on Psyblog in 2011 – A very popular blog that provides interesting stories from the world of psychology and this is their top ten list for 2011
- Bucks Blog – New York times – As you would expect from the New York times, a good collection of easy to read, yet informative articles
- Readers Story – Finding Financial Balance – From Get Rich Slowly. What makes this so interesting are the comments from everyday people looking to get ahead.
- Freakonomics Radio (podcasts) – The duo of Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner have always been looking for ‘The hidden side of everything’. Much like Seth Godin, they always have a story with a twist and some humour.
We sincerely hope that you enjoy the festive season